Workshop on UBiquity & Information System
November 23-27, 2014 - Marrakech, Morocco
Scope of the Workshop
Ubiquitous computing is an emerging field of research that takes advantage of progress and advances from research fields such as telecommunication, wireless networks, service computing, smart products, self-identification technologies, and mobile computing. The goal is to ease daily basic tasks through the deployment of ambient intelligence by taking into account usage context. Thus, ubiquitous computing involves the construction of a global network where environment elements are interconnected and IT resources are transparent for the user. It exploits information issued from users’ environment in order to deploy context-aware services which are capable of adapting to the context of use to meet client needs.
Ubiquitous Information Systems (UBIS) is an emerging type of IS where information technology is gradually embedded in the environment. UBIS goes beyond conventional IS to cover a complex and dynamic environment composed of multiple artifacts or devices. Furthermore, UBIS are able to perceive contextual information, and support mobility.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to focus on advanced information systems and ubiquitous computing, and to establish effective collaborations in these areas.
Authors are solicited to contribute to this workshop by submitting papers that illustrate research results, projects, surveying works, and industrial experiences that describe significant advances in ubiquitous computing and business applications of information systems.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Software agent systems, and ubiquitous is
• Service oriented architecture and ubiquitous computing
• Smart environments and applications
• Systems software engineering
• Intelligent systems, Intelligent products and applications
• Ubiquitous computing and applications
• Design, architecture, deployment of ubiquitous computing infrastructures
• Mobility and Ubiquitous computing
• Context-aware computing and location-based services and applications.
• Enterprise information systems and Ubiquitous Computing
• Information system and Strategy alignment
• Information systems and agile enterprises
• Semantic aspects, meta-modeling, ontology
• Information System urbanization
• MDA based Systems
• Service Oriented Architecture
• Web and information Systems
Submission deadline: September 6, 2014 September 22, 2014
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 10, 2014
Camera-ready: October 15, 2014 October 21, 2014
Author Registration: October 19, 2014 October 23, 2014
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices, and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format available at:
Paper submission will only be online via Easy Chair.
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits.
All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society. Content will be submitted to the indexing companies for possible indexing. They will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
Abdelaziz EL FAZZIKI, Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
• Abdelaziz EL FAZZIKI, Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
• Ladjel BELLATRECHE, Poitiers university, France
• Djamel BENSLIMANE, Lyon1 university, France
• Richard CHBEIR, Bourgogne University, France
• Mohammed SADGAL, Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
• El Hassan ABDELWAHED, Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
• Zahi JARIR, , Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
• Mohammed EL ADNANI, , Cadi Ayyad university, Morocco
Local Organizing Committee
Mohammed SADGAL, Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco
El Hassan ABDELWAHED, Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco
Mehdi NAJIB, Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco