International Workshop on Human Tracking and Behaviour Analysis
SITIS 2017 - The 13th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS
4-7 December, 2017 - Jaipur, India
Scope of the Workshop
Video processing to analyse human gesture is a hot and promising topic since it was adopted in many various applications as video surveillance, medical monitoring, virtual reality, interaction with machines, etc. The human class is a core concern of research and industry because it points the way towards the artificial intelligence. How can a computer do the same interpretation of a scene that a human can do? The possibilities are endless but are reliant on the effectiveness of primal processes: analysing and recognizing human gestures and behaviours.
This workshop aims to investigate the various meanings, media (2D or 3D captors) and constraints (real-time) that leads to answer to the three mean steps of this problematic : tracking, description and learning. The processes have to be be adapted to the particularly complex class of the human. The way to follow movement, describe gesture and recognize behaviours at different level (full body, legs, hand, etc.) will be brought.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Human position tracking
• Human pose tracking
• Video surveillance
• Medical applications
• Buying acts recognition
• 2D and 3D motion analysis
• Gait recognition
• Action classification / learning
• Video games interfacing
• Soft computing approaches for embedded multimedia system
• Real time processing
• Avatar animation
• Gesture integration in virtual reality environment
• Depth video analysing
• Hand tracking
• People detection
Submission deadline: September 23, 2017
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 21, 2017
Camera-ready: October 30, 2017
Author Registration: October 31, 2017
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices, and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format available at:
Paper submission will only be online via: EasyChair.
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings and submitted for inclusion to IEEE Xplore and major indexes.
They will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
• Yannick Benezeth, Le2i, Université de Bourgogne, France.
• Albert Dipanda, Le2i, Université de Bourgogne, France.
• Rikke Gade, Aalborg university, Denmark.
• Haroon Idrees, University of Central Florida, USA.
• Magnus Johnsso,, Lund University, Sweden.
• Ramesh Kulkarni, VES Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India.
• Christophoros Nikou, University of Ioannina, Greece.
• José Oramas M., KU Leuven, ESAT, Belgium.
• Gennaro Percannella, University of Salerno, Italy.
• Alessia Saggese, University of Salerno, Italy.