International Workshop on Applied Computational Intelligence
26-29 November 2019 - Sorrento, Italy
Scope of the Workshop
Computational Intelligence techniques are traditionally adopted in several different application domains such as industrial, medical, decision making, gaming to name but a few. Despite this growing diffusion, there are still many possible areas where computational intelligence application is partial or could be extended and improved, due to the actual limitations in terms of computational power or strict requirements in terms of assurance of the results.
This workshop aims to investigate the impact of the adoption of advanced and innovative Computational Intelligence techniques in emerging application fields like IoT and Big Data. This edition of the workshop is focused primarily on industrial and health applications with special emphasis to real time systems grounded on Big Data ecosystems.
The workshop will bring together researchers on different disciplines from academia and industry with a common objective: go beyond the frontiers of today applications of Computational Intelligence techniques.
for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Imaging for Industrial applications
• Computational Intelligence approaches in Biomedical Signal Processing
• Computational Intelligence approaches in Consumer Electronics
• Real-time Multimedia Signal Processing
• Intelligent User Interfaces
• Virtual-augmented reality for Healthcare
• Big Data-based Computational Intelligence for Real-time processing
• Computational Intelligence in IoT
• Processing in digital image acquisition pipeline
• Learning systems for signal and information processing and evidential reasoning for recognition
• Soft computing approaches for embedded multimedia systems
• Expert system and Decision Support Systems for health
Submission deadline: September 23, 2019
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 23, 2019
Camera-ready: October 30, 2019
Author Registration: October 30, 2019
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format. You can download the IEEE conference templates - Latex
and MS Word A4
- at the following URL:
Paper submission will only be online via: Easy Chair.
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society. Content will be submitted to the indexing companies for possible indexing. They will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
• M. Anisetti, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
• V. Bellandi, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
• A. Chehri, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
• G. Jeon, Incheon National University, Korea
Kitsuchart Pasupa, King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
Xiangdong Chen, Nanjing University of Posts and Communications, China
Xiaomin Yang, Sichuan University, China
Wang Lei, University of Jinan, China
Anand Paul, Kyungpook National University, South Korea
Wei Wu, Sichuan University, China
Yong Fang, Northwest A&F University, China
Jiaji Wu, Xidian University, China
Fulvio Frati, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Luigi Arnone, STMicroelectronics, Italy
Marco Sacco, ITIA-CNR, Italy
Gabriele Gianini, EBTIC/Khalifa University of Science and Technology, UAE